21 September, 2007

Butternut Squash & Hazelnut Lasagne

Butternut Squash & Hazelnut Lasagne

So I found an awesome fall recipe for Butternut Squash and Hazelnut Lasagne online at the beginning of the week, and decided I wanted to give it a go. It is definitely more complicated than things I normally make, but I was excited. It turned out amazing! It not only looked great and tasted amazing, but it was also so filling! It took me forever to put it all together, but it was definitely worth it!. This really put me in the mood for Fall!

Grating Cheese

Yes, I even grated the cheese not to mention that the sauce is made from scratch, something I rarely do.

5 comments:

Katie Barker said...

Hey way to go. Nice job. Did you save me a piece?

Tim Barker said...

Impressive man. I especially like the keeper T-shirt with the meal -as if to say "I can make this fabulous meal, of course I'm a keeper."

I do have to be honest I don't know that I'm that much of a squash fan.

Sandy/Mom/Granny said...

Dan,

With your permission, I would like to put your picture and comments in the Family Cookbook. Mom already typed in the recipe and a story. Do you mind? Your pic is a much better pic for our family heirloom than a picture of the dish, don't ya think?

Aunt Sandy

P.S. I can't wait to try it, it looks delicious!

Dan said...

Aunt Sandy,

Feel free to use whatever you would like. :)

Nephew Dan

P.S. It is really good and filling!

Sandy/Mom/Granny said...

Thank you, nephew Dan, I thought about only saying Sandy but figured
you would wonder who the heck I was -- yeah, right with my email being sandrajsutton :), Helen used to distinguish me and the other Sandy as Sandra Jean and Sandra Kay -- and you thought being called Danny was bad, the only time I had ever been called Sandra Jean was when I was a kid in trouble! LOL

Jen and I cannot wait to try the recipe, it is our kind of recipe! I am glad you "taste tested" it for us! My, you are brave, I freak out when I have to serve a new recipe to guests!

Jen actually saw your pic 1st and said, Mom, there is a cool pic of Dan making the recipe on his blog. Thanks for letting me use it!

Sandy