30 August, 2007

My Ideal Self



Something I have always wondered was if I like the ideal me, does that make the real me less appealing?

Of course I love myself, we all do, but do we love who we really are or what we imagine ourselves to be?

I have always thought of myself as an idealist, but should I be more realistic in my pursuits?

I pose these questions not looking for an answer from an outside source, but rather in pursuit of the answer on my own. I know who I want to be, and I refuse to let my dreams go. Without dreams we are nothing more than animals.

I like this quote, which I think sums up my whole point.

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler.
Henry David Thoreau
US Transcendentalist author (1817 - 1862)

No comments: