07 July, 2008

My Top 10 Favorite Songs Ever

I picked these songs because I never get tired of listening to them. They are NOT the highest play count songs because in a phase I may play a song 50 times, but can't stand it anymore, but these are all in the higher numbers. I almost never skip them when my iPod is on shuffle, and I really like the lyrics. I also did not want to repeat any artist, and subsequently there are more songs by Coldplay, Snow Patrol, and the Fray that would make the list otherwise. Listed in number play count order along with my favorite lyrics from each song, for 2 it is the full song.

1. In My Pocket by Mandy Moore-121

Among the many muted faces

You try to find me in the spaces
You're drawn to my song

This lyric always makes me think of the Greek Myth about the Sirens.

2. Babylon by David Gray-112

Sunday all the lights of London
Shining , Sky is fading red to blue
I'm kicking through the Autumn leaves
And wondering where it is you might be going to
Turning back for home
You know I'm feeling so alone
I can't believe
Climbing on the stair
I turn around to see you smiling there
In front of me


3. Breathe Me by Sia-84

Ouch I have lost myself again
Lost myself and I am nowhere to be found,
Yeah I think that I might break
Lost myself again and I feel unsafe

Be my friend
Hold me, wrap me up
Unfold me
I am small
and needy
Warm me up
And breathe me


4. Sway by The Prishers-70

I talk to you as to a friend
I hope that's what you've come to be
It feels as though we've made amends
Like we found a way eventually

It was you who picked the pieces up
When I was a broken soul
And then glued me back together
Returned to me what others stole



5. How To Save A Life by The Fray-67

Let him know that you know best
Cause after all you do know best
Try to slip past his defense
Without granting innocence
Lay down a list of what is wrong
The things you've told him all along
And pray to God he hears you


6. Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis-49

Closed off from love
I didn't need the pain
Once or twice was enough
And it was all in vain
Time starts to pass
Before you know it you're frozen

But something happened
For the very first time with you
My heart melts into the ground
Found something true
And everyone's looking round
Thinking I'm going crazy



7. You Could Be Happy by Snow Patrol-40

You could be happy and I won't know
But you weren't happy the day I watched you go
And all the things that I wished I had not said
Are played in loops 'till it's madness in my head
Is it too late to remind you how we were
But not our last days of silence, screaming, blur

Most of what I remember makes me sure
I should have stopped you from walking out the door
You could be happy, I hope you are
You made me happier than I'd been by far

Somehow everything I own smells of you
And for the tiniest moment it's all not true
Do the things that you always wanted to

Without me there to hold you back, don't think, just do
More than anything I want to see you, girl
Take a glorious bite out of the whole world


8. Not Gonna Get Us by Tatu-40

We're gonna run, nothing can stop us
Even the night that falls all around us
Soon there will be laughter and voices
Beyond the clouds over the mountains
We'll run away on roads that are empty
Lights from the airfield shining upon you


9. When You Were Young by The Killers-39

You sit there in your heartache
Waiting on some beautiful boy to
save you from your old ways
You play forgiveness
Watch it now ... here he comes!

He doesn't look a thing like Jesus
But he talks like a gentleman
Like you imagined when you were young



10. A Message by Coldplay-21

My song is love
Love to the loveless shown
And it goes up
You don't have to be alone
Your heavy heart
Is made of stone
And it's so hard to see you clearly
You don't have to be on your own
You don't have to be on your own

And I'm not gonna take it back
And I'm not gonna say I don't mean that
You're the target that I'm aiming at
Got to get that message home

My song is love
My song is love, unknown
But I'm on fire for you, clearly
You don't have to be alone
You don't have to be on your own

And I'm not gonna take it back
And I'm not gonna say I don't mean that
You're the target that I'm aiming at
And I'm nothing on my own
Got to get that message home

And I'm not gonna stand and wait
Not gonna leave it until it's much too late
On a platform I'm gonna stand and say
That I'm nothing on my own
And I love you, please come home

My song is love, is love unknown
And I've got to get that message home








No comments: